Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Fall Currently

Hey all! 

It's time for Currently! 
Here's my monthly link up with Farley over at Oh Boy Fourth Grade
Go check out all the link ups this month! And do share your your currently too! But don't forget to follow her rule of three! (BTW for any of the link ups i do i follow a similar rule... i look at and comment on at least three blogs!) It's just courteous! 


My book that i mention is actually just based on the fact that i taught my kiddos about Johnny Appleseed! I used a strategy from GLAD (Guided Language Acquisition Design) called a Narrative Input chart. This is where a story is read to the students, but instead of the pages being used like a book, the pictures are shown to the students and the words are on the back of each page for the teacher to read. Then as the story is read the pictures are posted up on a background. In this case we used an apple drawing as a background. I don't have pictures of the pictures i used but i will take some and then share with you all ASAP! FYI, my kiddos loved learning abut Johnny Appleseed! I had a blast too! 

Hope you all are having a great week! 
Photobucket