Sunday, July 29, 2012

Guest Post: Welcome to Jamie @ Just Stuff For Fun

By now i am floating from Alaskan stop to Alaskan stop! I am for sure enjoying the people, places, food, and fun that my trip has to offer! Here's a look at another United States destination! Be back soon!
Hey Busy As A Honey Bee readers!!

I'm Jamie and I blog over at Just Stuff For fun!  My blog name pretty much speaks for itself!  I blog about anything and everything fun.  That could mean what I wore yesterday or what I plan to do over the weekend :)  I am a somewhat new blogger and have enjoyed meeting all the lovely ladies out there in the blog world...and Simone is no exception!

Simone has asked me some questions having to do with my hometown!!

What city do you live in?
 Well, I live in Seattle but I will talk more about that later.  Let's talk about where I grew up! 
I grew up in Wheaton, Maryland.  It's about 30 minutes north of DC. My aunt, cousin, great aunt, and both sets of grandparents were all within a 20 minute drive of home!  We lived there until I was in 7th grade when my parents decided to move because Wheaton was getting too congested.

I didn't want to leave my friends so I stayed with my grandparents during my 8th grade year to finish out middle school with all my BFF's.  Because we all know when you're 13, losing friends is like "THE WORST THING EVERRRRR!"

Anyhoo...we moved about an hour west to Hagerstown, Maryland.  Yes, I know, the name just scerams fun, right?!?!  I actually ended up liking the "small town" feel.  I made new friends and life was grand!

http://www.hagerstownmd.org/

There is a ton of history around Hagerstown so if you are a history buff and you are making your way up the east coast, you should definitely stop by!!

What is the best memory you have of being home?
Hmm..my best memory...
That would have to be all my friends and family.  See, shortly after we moved, my grandparents followed us up to Hagerstown.  It was nice to have them around :)

Can you tell us about where you like to hangout in your hometown?  Favorite restaurant?  Shopping Center?
Oh buy!  Well, there really wasn't THAT much to do in Hagerstown as far as hanging out with friends.  So, we just kind of drove around and just hung out at the mall or at someones house.  We took many many trips to Ruby Tuesdays to eat!  I wish there was one close by where I live now!  And every time I go home to visit I always make sure I stop at the outlet mall which is like 2 minutes fro my parents house!!


Is your home now where you grew up?  What makes you stay were you are?
No, my home now is in Seattle!  J and I have been here for a little over five years and bought our first house a little over a year ago!
We absolutely love it out here!  We have met so many awesome friends!  The people are just so much different than people on the east.  I love the weather!  Our winters may be rainy but our summers sure do make up for it :)  We don't need a/c which is awesome!  I do not miss the heat and humidity from back home AT ALL!

There is just so much to do out here I would need 25 posts to list it all out!!
Long satyr short...I think we are hear to stay!

I like to visit lots of community events like farmers markets, exercise classes through the city, and free events hosted by local neighborhoods like concerts in the park.  Have you done an of these in your city?
I'm ashamed to say that we have not done much stuff like that in the five years we've been here but we are most definitely starting to do more!
Each neighborhood in Seattle seems to have their own little festival during the summer!  We have been to a couple and hope to do more!
In two weeks, there is a festival in West Seattle (where we live) so we are for sure going to check that out :)

What is the biggest frustration that you face where you live?
Can I name a few?
Traffic is HORRIBLE!  Seattle has some of the worst traffic in the US.  And that's not just coming from me!
Second, would be road construction!  Every single road and freeway is being worked on one way or another.  It's annoying!
The last one would have to be parking.  Since we live in an older neighborhood there isn't a lot of parking besides street parking.  So parking is a very big frustration when all you want it a cup of coffee!!

If you could choose to live anywhere in the world, would you stay or would you go?
I think I would stay where I'm at!  I love it up here and I am happier here than I have even been in my life :)