Saturday, March 31, 2012

Blogging While Waiting & TAG!!!

What a Saturday! The Dump Run we had at church today was so worth it! For me it was a great time offer my service to people within our church and for my husband it was a great time for him to serve the community! What fun was that!? So now i am waiting to go and pick up the hubs at the church.... I can't make my sweetie walk home! So here I am. Blogging while waiting! 
(ok so for the record this post has taken all afternoon... I obviously got interupted  sidetracked by having to pick up the hubby! Its ok though... I love him!)

So, i have been tagged! Beverly over at la,la, Love, Learn, Laugh is oh so kind and wonderful! She tagged me! Check out her blog when your done reading here! She has some great posts about fashion, pinning and her upcoming wedding! 



Here Are The rules:
* Post these rules
* Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you
* Create 11 questions of your own to ask the people that you're about to tag
* Tag 11 people and link them with your post (and let them know they've been tagged!)


So here are the questions the beautiful Beverly asked of me.... 


1.  What high school did you graduate from?
I went to Tustin High School in Tustin, California. We were the Tillers. No one ever knows what that is. They are farmers, so overalls were constantly being worn in high school. (Tho i cannot even remember if i owned a pair in high school!) I graduated in 98 and boy does that seem like a long time ago!!! 

2.  What's the most exciting post you have done to date?
Well, my post on Stuffed Peppers was a TOTALLY exciting post. I had 399 page views in an extremely short amount of time and that was just exhilarating. (My average is usually much MUCH lower!) I also really truly enjoyed writing about my breakfast sandwiches. I love those warm little things and sharing them was pretty cool! 

3.  Who is your blog-bestie?
Not sure i have one yet, but Jami over at Somewhat Domesticated is a good personal friend of mine and her little blog (tho on a short hiatus) rocks! I miss ya Jami! 

4.  What would you do for the rest of your life (if money wasn't an issue)?
I would be a mom. I want kids and truly don't want to have to work. I love teaching, but i can't wait to teach my own about life and so much more! 

5.  Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?
Hidden talent? Hmm... well I have been really into cardio kickboxing for the last 8 1/2 years. I have a pretty decent round house kick. (We don't fight against people but we do use bags on Saturdays!) 

6.  Do you have any dogs? If so, POST a pic!
No puppies. No cats. Do my students count?!? Someday we will have paws in the house ... just not now. 

7.  What's the first blog you started reading (like daily)?
I began reading Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits daily but truly had so many other blogs that i followed as well at the same time. My list of blogs grows all the time. I am addicted to reading about all sorts of stuff from teaching, cooking, crafting, families, wine, and there's just so much to read! Love it!! 

8. Who's your celebrity crush?
Hmm. I enjoy entertainment, but i would not say i have a favorite celebrity. During the days of Good Will Hunting I loved Matt Damon, but since then not so much. When it comes to movies I usually just go and see what looks good. 

9.  What show MUST you watch (or else your week falls apart)?
Its a guilty pleasure but when The Bachelor or The Bachelorette are in season. I must watch that show every week! Love it! I also watch The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Southland, and Parenthood (which i just spent two hours watching and crying along with! Man, I love that show and to date it seems to be the longest and most accurate representation of asperger's syndrome). 

10.  Do you have any brothers and/or sisters?
Yes! I have one successful sister who lives in London, England with her boyfriend! They are both dedicated to being awesome professionals and even just bought a flat together about a year ago! I don't say it enough but i truly am so proud of her!!! 

11.  What inspires you? 
This is an easy one. There are a few things that inspire me. Here's a bulleted list
  • My Husband - when the going gets tough and i feel like giving up, he is always there to give me a nudge in the right direction. He is my best friend, encourager, love, and the one i can't wait to tell everything to! He is pretty darn cool and he makes me laugh ALL the time! 
  • My students - gosh, this year i have such a rough bunch, but truly i see little successes every day and that makes me want to come back and do it again the next day. Its been tough lately. I can't share much about the details but my little ones have my heart and often it aches for these little ones. So i love to see their little successes whether it be academic, socially, or behaviorally! 
  • The Lord - I know i am about to sound like a televangelist (or maybe the blogger-vangelist!) but truly this is why i have the heart that i do. He is truly the one who inspires me. He changes me and is molding me on a daily basis. He is who i pray to through out the HECTIC day and who gives me strength and courage to move on, endure, or whatever it may be. Underneath it all, HE is there. 
So there are my answers.... AND NOW.... I get to TAG BACK!!!! 
(lately my tendency is to tag blogs that I love to read but also that are fairly new to blogging. Today will be a bit of a mix. 
Abby @ Teacher "Extraordinaire"
Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire
Michelle @ Teach 123
Laura @ tattling to the teacher
Chrissy @ buzzing with Ms. B
Reagan @ Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits
Erica @ Erica Bohrer's First Grade
Jami @ Somewhat Domesticated
Jennifer @ Herding Kats in Kindergarten
Erika @ The Honey Bunch
Farley @ Oh Boy Fourth Grade
Randi @ Teach it with Class
(yep, i know that's 12 - oh well I broke the rule! Oops!) 

And here are my 11 Questions for all these lovely ladies:
  1. What sport - if any- did you play in high school? If you didn't play a sport, why not? 
  2. How many hours do you spend each day reading different blogs? What are your Top 5 blogs? 
  3. What has been your favorite post that you have written? 
  4. If you are married, getting married or dream of getting married, where did you take a honeymoon to? If you aren't married where are you planning on going or where would you like to go? 
  5. What does your hubby/boyfriend/significant other think of your blog and do they read it on a regular basis? Or is your blog your domain alone? 
  6. What is your favorite beauty product that you use on a daily basis? 
  7. What was the last thing you bought at Target!!!??? 
  8. Do you sing in the car? In the shower? 
  9. Sunrise or sunset? 
  10. What is your favorite meal too cook for yourself and others?
  11. What inspires you each day?   
  12. (12 blogs to tag = 12 questions) What is your favorite dessert?

Thanks again to the lovely and talented Beverly at la, la, Love, Learn, Teach for tagging me! 

Hope you all had a great Saturday! 

Photobucket