Sunday, February 19, 2012

Recipes in Review!

I'm hmm-ing and haw-ing about what to post today... but here goes nothin'! 

So, after this busy week, i realize how nice it was to have meals already prepared! This week for dinner I made Pasta Fagoli in the crock pot as well! I made a couple of changes and this recipe turned out wonderful. My only real change was on the pasta. I shop at Trader Joe's (love them!) and they have a really yummy selection of dried pasta. I especially like the pesto filled tortellini, but this week i went with the cheese filled tortellini! They were delicious in this recipe. The other thing i did to make this great for dinner every night was to keep the pasta separate from the soup. So all my left overs are now going into the freezer into individual servings! They will be great in a couple weeks and I won't have to make several recipes at once! I have quite a bit left over too because we took my mom out for Valentines day! 


We also had salads for lunches this week and I made a yummy rice salad that we put on top of our salad greens and then added crock pot BBQ chick for a little bit of protein! I found the recipe for Crock pot BBQ Chicken here. The chicken recipe was delicious, but if you don't like too much spice, go easy on the pepper flakes! For my hubs and i the chicken was perfect! The brown rice salad recipe (found here) was delicious by itself! It would be a great item to bring to a summer BBQ and share with a bunch! The veggies were crisp and the spice just right! 

That is the week in review for the food coming from my kitchen! Now I'm off to go figure out what to make for the upcoming week. Hope you try one of these recipes! What did you make to eat this week?